Subject: KCU Pitchfest 2026!
From: Janna Morishima <[email-masked]>
To: Janna Morishima <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2026 09:46:29 -0500

Hi there!

I’m reaching out to let you know about the upcoming launch of KCU Pitchfest
2026 <http://kidscomicsunite.com/kcu-pitchfest/>. If you might know any
creators who’d be interested, we would love for you to help us spread the
word.

KCU Pitchfest is a juried competition for unpublished graphic novel
projects aimed at kid or teen readers.

Here are the key details:

   -

   Registration Period: Feb 12th to Feb 23rd
   -

   Judges: A panel of industry agents and editors
   <https://kidscomicsunite.com/kcu-pitchfest-2026-judges/>
   -

   Winners Announcement: Live event on April 25th
   -

   Entrance fee: $120
   -

   Student/hardship/international parity discount: 50% off the regular
   entrance fee

The complete info page is here: kidscomicsunite.com/kcu-pitchfest/

Winning projects will be displayed in a searchable online gallery, and
shared widely with hundreds of agents, editors, art directors, and
publishers. (You can see last year’s gallery here
<https://kidscomicsunite.com/kcu-pitchfest-showcase-2025/>.)

This competition provides an excellent platform for emerging talent to gain
exposure and potentially connect with industry professionals. Many past
winners have gotten agents and book deals.

Here’s our Instagram post about Pitchfest
<https://www.instagram.com/p/DR0FCCYkpvO/?hl=en>. You can also access a
media kit here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uNXf82Z_-50QfdaWUV0lqJSD7EaKT6Uv?usp=sharing>
.

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,

Janna

PS To kick things off, I’m teaching a free masterclass called Pitch Your
Graphic Novel Like a Pro
<https://kidscomicsunite.com/workshop/pitch-your-gn-like-a-pro-masterclass/>
on Jan 31st. All creators are welcome to join.

*Janna Morishima*
founder, Kids Comics Unite
literary agent for graphic novelists and visual storytellers
c: 917-250-6202
e: [email-masked]
w: kidscomicsunite.com