Subject: Fwd: ARCHIVES*RECORDS: Pop-Up Session Selection - VOTE NOW!
From: Jennifer LaSuprema <[email-masked]>
To: Jenna Freedman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Jeremy Brett <[email-masked]>, Milo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Eric Goldhagen <[email-masked]>, "Moody, Honor M." <[email-masked]>, Joshua Barton <[email-masked]>, Amber Billey <[email-masked]>, Violet Fox <[email-masked]>, "Allison Jai O'Dell" <[email-masked]>, Rhonda Kauffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:21:56 -0500

Happy Thursday folks!

Since no one has told me to shut up yet, I've proposed a pop-up session
about the ZUC at this Augusts' Society of American Archivists annual
meeting. My plan is to give an informative overview, then open up the floor
for discussion to see what kinds of questions, concerns, tips, information,
etc the archival community might want to offer, especially since they often
have the most minimally-accessible zines.

I submitted the proposal just before the deadline & didn't realize they
were using our word-for-word emails to describe the sessions, but whatever.
You can see all the proposals below and while it seems like only SAA
members should be allowed to vote, that doesn't seem to be the case. I
don't want to encourage fraud, but...

If you are going to be at the conference and would like to pitch in on this
presentation (should it make the cut), please give me a holler. The more
the merrier! Also, this will be a few days after ZL(u)C, so maybe we'll
have exciting updates to share!

Yay,

Jennifer

PS - Can someone share email addresses for Ziba Zehdar, Jacob Shelby, and
Hana Zittel with me? Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jennifer Hecker <http://www.jenniferhecker.info/>, MLIS, DAS
Digital Archives Access Strategist, UT Libraries
<http://www.lib.utexas.edu/>
Director, Austin Fanzine Project
<http://www.austinfanzineproject.org/> & Austin
Music Documentation Initiative <http://www.austinmdi.org/>
Program Chair, Austin Archives Bazaar <http://www.austinarchivesbazaar.org/>

 <http://www2.archivists.org/am2016>

The *ARCHIVES*RECORDS 2016* Program Committee invited submissions of
"Pop-Up" session proposals at the CoSA/SAA Joint Annual Meeting in Atlanta,
July 31 – August 6. Pop-Up sessions enliven the conference program by
focusing on ideas and content that have "popped up" since initial proposals
were due in November. Proposers were encouraged to think creatively to
point attendees in new directions.

The Program Committee invites your vote(s) on which Pop-Up session(s) you
would most like to see presented at the conference. Please vote for up to *five
*proposals. The five proposals with the most votes will be presented as
sessions in Atlanta. Deadline for casting your vote(s):* Monday, June 20.*
VOTE NOW <http://www2.archivists.org/am2016/program/pop-up-vote>