Subject: RESPONSES REQUESTED: ZUC NEH grant update & questions!
From: Jennifer LaSuprema <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Goldhagen <[email-masked]>, Milo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Jeremy Brett <[email-masked]>, Netanel Ganin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], "Allison Jai O'Dell" <[email-masked]>, "Moody, Honor M." <[email-masked]>, Amber Billey <[email-masked]>, Violet Fox <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Elissah Becknell <[email-masked]>, Rhonda Kauffman <[email-masked]>, Joshua Barton <[email-masked]>, Jenna Freedman <jfre
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:53:39 -0500

Hey folks,

Allison and I have been working on getting this NEH grant application off
the ground & things are going well. The deadline is approaching FAST,
though, and we need your help with a couple things:

1. The *pilot participants* I have signed on so far are *me*, *Allison*,
*Elissah*, and *Jenna*. The draft application calls out *Honor*, *Jeremy*,
and *Milo*, since I think they said they wanted to play too. I am
interested in finding *someone from a public library* (on the West Coast?).
Note: I'm shooting for broad representation without making the group so big
that it's unwieldy/unfundable. It's not too late to add another person to
the budget if we need to. Also, it's worth noting that folks *not* on the
pilot team won't be left out of the process. We will report out and seek
input (and metadata!) throughout the project, for sure. And the
implementation phase will need fresh blood, too, so there should be plenty
of opportunity for everyone... Any thoughts on this? Do you want in? Out?
Ideas on public librarians to recruit?

1a. *ALL pilot participants need to send me a letter of commitment*
(examples here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2B3TvzFT1f8RUMyUVhhUXl2ZjQ/view?usp=sharing>
- don't include % time, but do have someone fancy say that your institution
is committed to participating should we get the grant.) *and a resume by
the end of next week.* If this is going to be a problem, please let me know
ASAP!

2. *Check out this awesome letter of support
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2B3TvzFT1f8Qi0tVmg4dWhFQTA&usp=sharing>*
Jenna got!! Allison has someone on the hook, too. More won't hurt. Let me
know if you need any help/verbiage/whatever...

3. *Please take a look at the draft application/project plan
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10BSlWJo_FYsp2zBr-BLs6jhoZFCmgtazBFzCsLdZGVc/edit?usp=sharing>
*(email
me if you want fuller access) and let me/us know if we are way off on
anything. This is just a planning grant so a lot of is is sorta vague. If
we get the money, our job will be to make a not-vague implementation plan.
Right now, the short version of the plan is to spend the grant money on two
2-day in-person planning meetings for all the pilot participants (see next
item!), and four grad student interns (I'll supervise 2 in Texas & Allison
will supervise 2 in Florida).

4. *Editing help! *We are working steadily to flesh out the narrative, but
we welcome your help! I am focusing a lot on the project plan and getting
all the documentation in order, but I'm not that good at writing about the
*Significance*. Also, anyone who has used grant funds in the past is
encouraged to add to the *Grant History* section. This shows the funder
that others think highly enough of our work to give us money, so it's
important.

Ok, I think that's it. As always, holler if you have any questions!

Jennifer