Subject: Fwd: NEH HCRR grant
From: Jenna Freedman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 19:02:32 -0400

I didn't see this message come through, so I'm trying it again now that my
work address has been subscribed.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jenna Freedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 5:53 PM
Subject: NEH HCRR grant
To: <[email-masked]>

Dear Zine Cats and Kittens,

I've got wonderful support at Barnard to pick up the ball the University of
Texas kicked out of our hands five years ago. https://is.gd/neh_zuc_2016

The general idea is that we'll ask for funding for a two-day, facilitated,
in-person meeting in the summer of 2022 (should such a thing be feasible
then) to discuss ZineCat as an entity that makes decisions, accepts dues,
sets priorities, and whatever else. The meeting would be followed by a two
or three-year implementation phase executed by paid labor and zine
librarian participation (as decided at the meeting)

Before we get too deep in, we'd like to gauge who all is willing to
participate and contribute. Sometimes people are better at doing that via a
form than email, so here's a form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9QP6Kp3fp3lFTDDSmbIlNLiVrXkg_TBn07vZRg6TIjkiIOw/viewform>
!

If you prefer email and/or refuse to engage with The Goog, the questions are

Name
Affiliation(s): zine library
Affiliation(s): institution
How likely are you to provide a letter saying that your institution will
support your participation in a two to three-year grant project. Sample
letter attached unless the list configuration bounces it.
How likely are you to attend a most-expenses (travel, housing, breakfast
and lunch) covered meeting, probably but not necessarily in NYC, during the
summer of 2022 if it's safe to do so?

How likely are you to engage actively with ZineCat work during the grant
period, e.g., testing the site, sharing catalog records, attending virtual
meetings, etc. tbd

Does an institution you're affiliated with or have access to offer
affordable meeting space?

Does an institution you're affiliated with or have access to offer
affordable dormitory rooms?

What would make it easier, harder, more attractive, more repellent, etc.
for you to participate in this project over a three-year grant cycle?

Share something that brings you joy.

Lots of love, Jenna and Lauren

-- 
Jenna Freedman | she, her
Curator of the Barnard Zine Library
make an appointment <https://barnard.libcal.com/appointments/jenna-freedman>
| https://is.gd/jennacalendar
https://linktr.ee/barnardzinelibrary